Friday 7 October 2016

DAY 3 of 22 DAY CHALLENGE

I started the 22-day challenge, complements of Dr. Rex Harawa, munthu mulala chomene. A person I respect and admire. Thank you Doc for rekindling the exercising spirit in me
Today I nominate Mike Somanje. Yesterday I referred to me and Zagwabeing in the same break-dancing group at Chichiri Secondary School; The Bugaloos. Well Mike or MJ as we fondly called him was the consummate dancer. He brought his martial arts on the dance floor in moves no one could emulate. His moonwalk was smooth and flawless; like he was riding on air. That's why we called him MJ. Even MJ himself would have been envious. He was also the first student I know who had read Luis L'amour by Form 2! His grasp of English was impeccable. Mike was shy however; he never took off his shirt and it was only when he did that I saw the first perfect toned body in a young man. So being the zealot in me, I pursued Mike and he allowed me to practice with him in his sanctuary dojo in the footsteps of Michiru Mountain in downtown Chilomoni. He taught me press-ups I had never seen before. Mike became my guardian throughout my days at Chanco wherever both went. He was always the big brother who I would run to if threatened! He still is. Watch out. Over to you Mgwayi!
The rules are simple:
Once you are nominated, your 22 days start.
Every day you record yourself doing 22 pushups. Try your best to reach 22. If it means doing assisted push ups on your knees,or stop to take a break, that's cool, but make sure to get them all done in one video, all 22 push ups.
Every day you must nominate a different person. Try to choose people you think will want to do this. We got this!
If you by chance have already been nominated; then be a Good Samaritan and extend the nomination. In you case MJ; I also suspect you don't need this challenge as I have noted you have not relented in your quest to be healthy and fit! So pass it on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment